Fall calls for comforting foods such as chowder.
This corn chowder is packed with bell peppers and bacon. It is creamy, smoky from the bacon, and full of corn flavor.
With only 7 main ingredients, this chowder comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 small bag of bacon bits
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (how you cut it is up to you)
- 1 cup of frozen onion and bell pepper mix (you can by a frozen bag in the frozen vegetable section of your grocery store)
- 2 (16-ounce) packages of frozen sweet corn, thawed and divided
- 2 cups of heavy cream divided
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese (I used the white Tilamook cheese)
- Green onion for garnish
1.) Combine the bacon bits, veggies, and 1 package of corn in a pot over high heat. Stir constantly until the veggies thaw and are soft.
2.) Combine remaining package of corn and 1 cup of heavy cream in a food processor. Pulse until you get a mushy mixture.
3.) Add 1 cup of heavy cream and the milk to the pot with veggies. Stir constantly until heated through.
4.) Add the corn mush, salt, black pepper and cheddar cheese to the pot. Lower the heat to medium and stir until cheese melts.
If you’d like your chowder to be a little more runny, you can add more milk.